The oik-edd plugin provides an API key handler for use by premium OIK plugins sold using the Easy Digital Downloads plugin.
How it works:
- Customer purchases a plugin from your site using Easy Digital Downloads.
- An API key may or may not be generated automatically, but an order is taken.
- When the order is satisfied (payment is complete) the API key can be requested.
- You provide a page on your server which contains the [oik_edd_apikey] shortcode.
- The customer enters their unique payment key, email and name as used on their order
- Your server checks the information and, if valid, returns an API key.
- The customer copies and pastes the API key into the oik options > Plugins page. They may have to create the entry.
- The API key is passed to your server for validation during updates.
Whenever a plugin update for a premium plugin is requested the API key has to match before the file can be served.
Note: If you prefer to deliver your oik plugins using WooCommerce then you should use the oik-woo plugin.
oik-edd has been tested to work with versions of Easy Digital Downloads up to 2.6.6.
If you are a plugin developer and you want to find out more about this plugin, please write to oik-plugins at oik-plugins. Contact oik