The External link warning jQuery WordPress plugin produces an alert message box when visitors click on a link to an external site. It may be annoying as anything to the end user, but if you have to comply with guidelines that require a user to be warned that they are leaving the safety of your website then this simple plugin is for you.
New in version 1.0.0
- Now displays messages when a visitor clicks on and/or hovers over email links.
- Ability to define the text to appear in the External link warning message box
- jQuery automatically attaches itself to any link outside of your domain
- Doesn’t take over links in the admin pages
- Alternative solution to cater for external links generated by other plugins, such as sociable, jetpack and add-to-any
- Optionally, define the text to appear in an Email link warning message box
- Additional solution to display the Email link warning message when an area is hovered over