Q. How do I restrict shipping of products in certain shipping classes by a particular method?
A. Use Multi rate weight zone shipping with multiple shipping methods per zone and define Allowed shipping classes.
- Define your Shipping classes.
- Associate selected products to the appropriate shipping classes.
- For Shipping Zones where a product’s shipping class limits your shipping options, define multiple methods. Each method would list the shipping classes supported by that method.
Suppose one of your products is Coal and you don’t want to ship it to Newcastle.
- Define a Shipping zone that only consists of Newcastle.
- Define a Shipping class of Coal.
- Assign the Coal shipping class to your Coal product.
- Add the Weight zone shipping method to your Newcastle zone.
- Define the shipping rates for your normal products.
- Check the ‘Restrict shipping classes’ checkbox.
- In the ‘Allowed shipping classes’, choose all the classes which are not Coal.
Note: This may be an empty list.
- The Multi rate weight zone shipping plugin considers the total cart.
- It assumes all products in the cart will be shipped by the selected method.
- Products that are not assigned a shipping class will match any method.
- If you have some shipping classes where the shipping methods are mutually exclusive then you will have to require the customer to place multiple orders.