oik-clone needs to be able to support the pushing of media files. i.e. When cloning an attachment, the attached file should also be cloned.
This requirement was initially delivered in oik-clone v0.6
- Provide the ‘Clone on update’ dialog for Media ( Attachments )
- Client should only need to send the attached file on the first clone request to a particular server
- Subsequent requests should not have to resend the file, unless the file has changed
- The file should be sent by an appropriate method
- In v0.6 the media file is attached as part of the AJAX request. See oik_clone_load_media_file()
- In v0.9 the media file will be passed as part of a multipart request
- The attached file is sent for each update
- The initial solution only works for small media files. The limit is determined in the server configuration. For some servers the maximum data that can be passed in a single POST request may be as low as 1MB.
- Does not support media files which have been moved during upload